- Hits: 2457
Come along if you can sail to learn about racing, or improve your racing.
- Hits: 2828
- Hits: 2552
Well the plan is to have a enjoyable day at the club. A chance to introduce our newer members to the club, help you with where the club boats are and how the club runs. For those that haven’t been out on the water yet this year this is the perfect opportunity as there will be a rescue boat on the water to help you out if there are any problems. There will be plenty of people around between 12:00 pm and 5:00 pm to help you out in whatever way you need and to make sure we don’t get hungry there will be a BBQ from 12:30 for an hour or so.
So although it is called New Members Afternoon to get the 2012 season at Paxton Lakes Sailing Club off to a great start it is open to all members and if you have friend who might be interested in sailing at Paxton Lakes SC bring them along. Just keep your fingers crossed that the weather is bit nicer than recent days.
- Hits: 2490
- Arrival any time from 4pm on Friday the 24th of August
- Two night's accommodation in the centre's main building in shared bunk rooms
- Cooked breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Evening meal on Saturday night
- Packed lunch Saturday and Sunday (available in the mornings to take with us on the water if necessary)
- Two days of sailing with full rescue cover. We will be able to set our own programme of cruising and racing during the two days
- Access to the centre's mountain bikes, high ropes and other activities, subject to supervision availability
- Access to the centre's own dinghies (e.g. Wayfarers) for £50 per boat per day if you prefer not to take your own boat
- Ability to keep your boat safely overnight in the main centre compound
- A very well equipped boatyard and workshop should you be unfortunate enough to break something whilst on the water
Please send the Bradwell 2012 Booking form with deposit before the end of May to book your place.
- Hits: 2526
On Sunday 25th March there is a first for Little Paxton. Our first Sport Relief Mile. Paxton Lakes Sailing Club have started a team to run and raise funds for this wonderful charity.
So join in and enter the Sport Relief Mile or Sponsor our team here http://my.sportrelief.com/sponsor/paxtonlakessc.
There are three different lengths of run you can enter and if you dont feel like running come along and support us. The run starts at the Village Hall in Little Paxton and you will be able to spot us as we will all be wearing at least one item of sailing kit with starts between 10:30 and 11:00. So that you dont miss out on Sunday sailing the racing programme will be compressed so that all 3 races will be run in the afternoon following an early lunch. The First race will start at 12:30.
- Hits: 2620
It is that time of year again when a member of Paxton Lake sailing club can try and win a boat for the club.
For those of you that do not know about this it is a powerboat challenge for 8 – 16yr olds. It is NOT a power boat course, and there will be NO qualification achieved. It is a test of skill, slalom, man over board simulation and a 360 reverse manoeuvre, penalties for mistakes, skill NOT necessarily speed.
Paxton Lake sailing club is once again hosting a local heat for eligibility into the Eastern Region heat to be held at Island Yacht Club 23rd June.
The National Final will be held in the Southampton Boat show 16th September.
The Local Heat is to be held at Paxton 28th April and will be preceded by 3 training sessions for club members hosted by Dave Rothwell .
These are to be:-
To attend these sessions please contact Dave for confirmation.
The cost has been agreed as £10 per child as a contribution to the fuel cost.
- Hits: 2984
To keep the club running we have a number of working parties in the winter months. Jobs for this years working parties include:
- "Dealing" with a number of areas around the lake with cutting back bushes and some trees to make sure the wind still blows
- Sorting out the club boat garage
- Re-painting of racing marks
- Spruce up the changing rooms
- Re-paint the club signage
- Improve the mooring rope
- Sort out the flag pole
- Review condition of club boats and instigate repairs
- Tidy up the dinghy park
Other jobs are being added all the time and as always there is a lot to do, however the more of us that make some time available to help during the working parties the more we will achieve.
So the dates for your diary are 15th January, 29th January and 19th February. We will be starting at 10:00. Please bring any tools you may feel will be useful and some lunch and a flask of your favourite brew is normally essential. There will be someone in the clubhouse to direct us so don't worry if you cant make 10:00 any time you can spare will be put to good use for the club.
Also on 15th January there will be the AGM at 2:00 pm in the clubhouse.
- Hits: 2897
Sunday 25th September is the all new Double Handed Trophy. Racing will be for the Kestrel Cup and is now open to all double handed boats with a minimum of 2 crew. The day wont be taken that seriously (by most of us) so a great chance to join in with the racing in a friendly environment. Club boast are available but a first come first served and the first race will start at 11:00 followed by 2 races after lunch.