- Hits: 265
- Hits: 9504
Latest Club News:
- New race marks have been ordered and should be with us soon.
- The dye has been topped up to the lake looks a little more blue. Hopefully it will help to keep the weed at bay again!
- Pat is closing in on the new boats for the RTC. Watch this space for news of his purchases.
- We had and eventful All Day Breakfast Race with winds gusting up to 50mph. 75% of the entry did not make it to the finish with a few equipmet failures and lots of capsizes. Well done to all those, particularly the juniors, that braved the conditions and congratulations to Gareth Russell for spending the least time in the water to win the race!
- The first part of the Duty Rota has been published. Please check to se if you have been allocated a duty
- Hits: 1961
Our Website has had a makeover, well actually a complete upgrade to the latest software. If you notice anything that doesn't seem to be working right please drop me an email.
- Hits: 2092
Great News - Our application for a £10,000 grant from Sport England to buy two new double handed dinghies to facilitate training adults has been approved. Pat will be going shopping very soon!
The new membership card/programme has been finalised. Watch out for your copy in the post.
The new racing season is almost upon us. First race is the Wheel Barrow Race on Sunday 8th March.
There is a working party on Sunday 1st March to tidy the boat park. We want to move the boats and cut the vegetation. Please come and assist. 10 o’clock start.
Our new Commodore, Roger Churchill, is making some progress with the new lease. Hopefully there will be some concrete news very soon.
For more details and further updates watch out for the next edition of Waters Edge
- Hits: 2506
Paxton Lakes Sailing Club invites you, along with friends and family, to an evening for all the family.
After the success of last year's event, the club is once again hosting a general quiz night at the village hall. The food included in the ticket price, will be buffet style such as; meat and fish platters, pastries, salads, crispy bread, snacks and crisps, followed by a selection of cold sweets.
We will also use the evening to award prizes for this year's sailing successes. Or you might be lucky enough to win a raffle prize!
So come along and have a laugh. I'm sure people won't get too competitive will they...?!
- Hits: 2598
Racing starts again tomorrow with the first race at 11:00. If you couldn't make today you can still join in tomorrow. There will be three main prizes awarded tomorrow 1st Overall, 1st 13 and under and 1st new to racing. Bobby Martin despite a drop in form for the first 2 races today will be trying hard to retain his title of the last two years, but William Russell and Andy Martin are nipping at his heals. Charlotte Sharp and Aimee Russell have taken an early lead in the 13 and under category. Lucy and Helen are tied on points at the head of the new to racing but it is all to play for tomorrow. Results from day one are here
- Hits: 2766
The weekend of 30th and 31st August sees the annual Paxton Lakes Sailing Club Youth Trophy.
The format of the weekend will be race training on the Saturday morning (please be rigged and ready for sailing by 10:30am) with 4 short races on Saturday afternoon. Sunday will start at 11:00 and we will have up to 6 short races. The final race will be a double points medal race. However during the races there will be on the water coaching, so a great event for under 18s to take part in to get further coaching and confidence. Club boats will be available on a first come first served basis.
- Hits: 1905