- Hits: 21194
On Saturday the 14th May we will be joining in an RYA National event called Push the Boat Out, which is your opportunity to have a free taster session at your local club and try out this fantastic sport that many of us already enjoy every week. Whether you are a member of the club or not, aged 8 or 80, you are welcome to come down and give sailing a try. We'd be especially pleased to see parents of children who have been on our courses so you can have a go at this fantastic sport that your children have already taken advantage of.
We will have our training fleet of Toppers and Picos available and will be launching the latest additions to our fleet, two brand new Topper Argo double handed dinghies. We will have committee members and instructors on hand to chat to on all aspects of sailing, from cruising to racing and how to get into it if you've never tried it.
There will be free tea and coffee throughout the afternoon while you chat and watch what goes on on the water.
Start time is 2pm and we look forward to welcoming you to our club.
- Hits: 14771
Latest Club News:
- New race marks have been ordered and should be with us soon.
- The dye has been topped up to the lake looks a little more blue. Hopefully it will help to keep the weed at bay again!
- Pat is closing in on the new boats for the RTC. Watch this space for news of his purchases.
- We had and eventful All Day Breakfast Race with winds gusting up to 50mph. 75% of the entry did not make it to the finish with a few equipmet failures and lots of capsizes. Well done to all those, particularly the juniors, that braved the conditions and congratulations to Gareth Russell for spending the least time in the water to win the race!
- The first part of the Duty Rota has been published. Please check to se if you have been allocated a duty
- Hits: 2163
Our Website has had a makeover, well actually a complete upgrade to the latest software. If you notice anything that doesn't seem to be working right please drop me an email.
- Hits: 2267
Great News - Our application for a £10,000 grant from Sport England to buy two new double handed dinghies to facilitate training adults has been approved. Pat will be going shopping very soon!
The new membership card/programme has been finalised. Watch out for your copy in the post.
The new racing season is almost upon us. First race is the Wheel Barrow Race on Sunday 8th March.
There is a working party on Sunday 1st March to tidy the boat park. We want to move the boats and cut the vegetation. Please come and assist. 10 o’clock start.
Our new Commodore, Roger Churchill, is making some progress with the new lease. Hopefully there will be some concrete news very soon.
For more details and further updates watch out for the next edition of Waters Edge